- Put on your bathing suit, grab your towel and head to one of San Diego's 30+ beaches, all open to the public, and perfect for body surfing, boogie boarding, building sandcastles, collecting seashells and basking in the sun.
- Take advantage of San Diego's warm summer nights and enjoy a number of free summer concerts held throughout the county.
- Catch a magnificent Pacific sunset and watch sea lions play along the shoreline at La Jolla Cove, one of the most spectacular natural settings in the world.
- Visit Seaport Village and the new Headquarters at Seaport on weekends for free entertainment, hours of leisurely strolling and window shopping, and a small free police museum including vintage jail cells open to the public at the site of San Diego's former police headquarters.
- Bike, walk or jog along many trails along Mission Bay Park. Bikers, walkers and joggers share more than 20 miles of scenic paths winding through sunlight and shade near the shoreline with workout courses at planned stations along the route.
- Join the festivities at San Diego's many Fourth of July fireworks and celebrations, held in numerous communities throughout the county. The Port of San Diego celebrates with the Big Bay Boom fireworks extravaganza over San Diego Bay, the largest fireworks display in the county.
- Two weekends each July, watch the annual World Championship Over-the-Line Tournament, San Diego's original boisterous beach softball event at Fiesta Island on Mission Bay.
- Join the festivities of the annual San Diego LGBT Pride Parade and Festival, one of the most popular events of its kind in the country. Free festivities include a mile-long parade through Hillcrest in July.
- Take a drive to the top of Mt. Soledad in La Jolla, home of the Mt. Soledad Veterans Memorial, for breathtaking, 360-degree views of San Diego. Spectacular views also await at the top of Mt. Helix in La Mesa, offering visitors a birds-eye glimpse of San Diego's East County communities.
- The annual Switchfoot Bro-Am beach day in July features a surf contest, live music performances, and nerf surf jousting exposition between surf contest heats. The event will welcome back the annual Rob Machado Bro Junior.
Summer time is here! Get your tank tops, bikinis and flip flops ready. San Diego is known for its weather and beautiful beaches. Get out of the house and enjoy a little bit of that San Diego Sunshine.
Teresa Dillon, Broker